Thursday 15 March 2007

Welcome!

Hello to all. Well, I generally don't go for the old "dump your personal crap onto the net" kinda thing, but recently I've had a bit of a change of heart on that front. Actually, I don't intend to dump much personal crap out here, but when something strikes me that I feel might be worth a comment, explanation or narrative I'll endeavour to do so -- hopefully in either a somewhat entertaining or informative way -- or maybe both if I get lucky, hehe.

The first topic, and impetus to setup this blog, is my recent experiences with a failing video card I purchased back in September of 2006 and my dealings with the online retailer I purchased it from. Hmm, do you think it will be a happy tale of excellent service, knowledgable technicians and honest business practices? I suppose you can guess that a tale of that nature wouldn't be particularly worthy of mention. Although, I suppose we could do with more tales of that nature being presented on the net -- but good news stories don't seem to really attract much interest on the net or any other media form. As Don Henley put it: "It's interesting when people die, give us dirty laundry". So, I've got a pile of stinky T-Shirts here I'll let flap in the metaphorical breeze of this blog. The next entry will be installment one of this saga...

No comments: