Tuesday 20 March 2007

The short version -- Overclockers UK RMA

If you're here to read about Overclockers UK and their RMA service or problems in the 7900 line of Nvidia video cards, then everything below this post will be of interest to you. If you want a shorter account of Overclockers UK RMA service, then this page contains screenshots of the problem, a photo of the card and all raw correspondence on the matter.

Update:

Here's another thread at Overclockers UK that has popped up recently on the subject. I'll be curious to see if that thread gets deleted as well. It's clear there is a fault with some of the Palit 7900gs cards they sold back near the latter half of 2006. And it's clear that they have taken the same tactical approach, that they took to my particular case, with other customers that have the same problem.

More responses to the new thread. I'll try to keep updating the thread screen caps here as I doubt the thread will go on too long before it's deleted:

1, 2, 3.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I have a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at heedsblog.blogspot.com.

Can I use some of the information from this blog post above if I give a link back to this website?

Thanks,
Peter

Heed said...

People are free to disseminate the information from these blog postings as they wish.

I would appreciate a link back just so that the originating source is always know.

Thanks.